Sunday, July 2, 2023

Week 7 Refelctions

 This week has been an interesting one. I've found myself researching a little more and participating more actively via twitter and some new to me LMS tools such as piazza. I think what I have tried to focus on most this week has been the various tools that are similar to social media but offer more privacy. These tolls can be incorporated into lesson planning and or course planning and offer greater collaboration and are more student driven. Obviously, we want students to be engaged and social media platforms are seemingly everywhere. One must ponder if this is a good way to keep students engaged while not limiting creativity. Also, I wanted to address one of the questions posed in our discussion with regards to me getting ideas from tools versus using tools to complete tasks of my own design. I think that it is fluid meaning both honestly. there are times when I might be using a specific tool and then something prompts me to create something completely different or when I have a concept and know exactly what tool, I want to employ to complete the task. Discovering some of these newer platforms has been encouraging and helpful for me because it has allowed me to create things, I hadn't thought of conceived of before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 Reflection

 This week has probably been one the toughest for me personally, because I was trying to get my own final exams and last week of the summer ...